About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Called Home

Yesterday - Come Home.
This was a day for going home. The day started as normal, feeding children, working at my computer, etc. My phone rang almost continually yesterday, some business, some were annoying "No, I don't want to be in your survey or buy whatever you are selling, etc." But several left me emotionally drained. My dear friend, Joan, lost her mother unexpectedly in the early morning hours. I have great memories of spending time at their home while in high school. I know this grand lady, Eileen is whole again.

Later I learned a business friend had suffered great loss as well. Jay lost his wife, Barb suddenly yesterday. I have fond memories of visiting with her, sharing so many common interests.

In the evening we went to pay our respects to Lester,my sister-in-law, Mary's father who crossed over peacefully on Monday night. Lester had a long good life of 95 years. He, like Eileen is whole once again.

Called home - I believe each of these wonderful people were called home to be with their creator and savior. As I spend the week saying good bye to them, and loving their families still with us, I am grateful for the gift of salvation. Thank you Lord for the grace to believe.

No comments: