About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving on...

Well, I did it! I made the decision to move ahead with my business, Mona's Originals. But not like my intentions were one week ago. August 7,8 I went to Schaumburg, IL for the Imprinted Sportswear Show (ISS). My intent was to decide which DTG machine to purchase. DTG (Direct to Garment) printers are the latest craze to hit the market in our business. This printer works like a paper printer, but t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. are sent through instead. I wanted to one of the first in our area to have one. To be able to offer one of a kind t-shirts, etc. I thought I was ready to make the plunge, but after this week when I was barely able to stitch a design due to outside forces, I changed my mind. After doing more research, talking it over with my son, Adam, aka - business minded graphic designer, I decided although I wish to be on the cutting edge, I don't care to bleed. Instead I ordered a heat press and automatic cutter. These 2 pieces of machinery will enhance the business I already do. I am excited. In addition I upgraded my software to the top of the line. So the sky is the limit on my embroidery. I hope to begin cranking out new items within a week!

On a more subdued note - we said 'good-bye' to Lester yesterday. Mary, my sister-in-law, had a beautiful reading of her thoughts about her father. Right now I have cinnamon rolls kneading in the bread machine for my friend, Joan. My thoughts and prayers are with those whose loved ones were called home this week, Lester, Eileen, Barbie, Lori and Ms McGill.

Mona

No comments: