About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Resolution!

Resolutions, we all make them, we all break them. This time I am really trying to keep this one. What am I talking about? the resolution to sew out of my closet. Those of you who have ventured into my closet know what I mean. Sort of like close encounters of the fabric kind. Last summer 2 darling helpers, Hannah Young and Carly Kies, were diligent in organizing my stash. It is now in color coordinated boxes or hanging where I can see it. They even sorted the hanging fabric according to color! SO NOW as I am sewing I must choose fabric from my mini-store No excuses. So far, so good. I have made 3 baby quilts for gifts and 4 pairs of pajamas for granddaughters. What a great feeling! And a fantastic challenge. I had lots of fun finding trims that coordinate with fabric and making it work. There are a few exceptions to my new rule. I can buy notions, such as thread, elastic. But lace and ribbon must come from my stash, for now. I'll let you know how I am doing... Enjoy these photos of my efforts.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Good idea! I have tried the same thing this last fall with my scrapbook and card making supplies...whether I recycle cards or use up stuff I already had, you will find that you have to be more creative. I think that is the fun in doing it though, knowing that you had to think about it more and still were able to come up with something just as beautiful....certainly a fun challenge.

Tim said...

By the way this is Emma - I guess I am under Tim's name.

Anonymous said...

I agree Emma! It has been great fun coming up with combinations. Next I will be sewing 2 baby girl quilts, one for Missy/Tim and one on deck. :)
Keep in touch!

Mona said...

I am annonymous, just hit the wrong button. :)