About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Knock on my kitchen door


Here's a photo of a dream kitchen.  I used to think it was mine, but am having second thoughts.  When it comes to remodeling the kitchen I think this one has too many doors.  I have a great problem with flat surface disease and open door policy.  In other words, if there is a counter, I feel a great need to fill it up.  And if there is a door, I have a tendency to leave it open.  Luckily for me, Rick has flat surface disease as well, but my door habit drives him up the wall.  So maybe I should have all open shelving for my new kitchen.  I can envision clear jars with black labels and all my staples lined up in neat rows.  One or two flat surfaces for food preparation and baskets for the incoming and outgoing mail.  And speaking of food preparation...
    Rick and I are different.  There is a book called, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."  Well, when it comes to food likes/dislikes it must be the case.  Rick and I are opposite on food preferences.  When we said "I do" years ago the two became one.  It works well, he eats the meats and desserts and I eat the fruits and vegetables.  We have a balanced diet.  The only trouble comes in when I don't get enough protein with my half of the meal and he doesn't eat enough veggies and rarely any fruit.  But the real problem arises with the fact that what I enjoy eating, he doesn't like and what he likes to eat, I can't due to food allergies.
I just found out two days ago the homemade spaghetti sauce I have been feeding him for thirty years, he doesn't really like.  Good grief!   I guess I will make two meals each time.  One for him, one for me.  Day two someone will always have 'planovers.'

No comments: