About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bye, Bye Bunions. Final Chapter


Today I saw my foot doctor, Dr. Ron Cervetti, for a follow up appointment.  His assistant took an lots of pictures of my feet using the trusty  x-ray machine.  I climbed onto the exam table and waited for the doc and a different assistant.
We looked at the films and the doc pointed out how nicely my bones were welding together.  "In another year it will look like all one bone," he smiled as he pointed to my skeletal feet on the wall.  He also pointed out that one screw was a bit high and if it bothers me, it can be fixed.  At this time, it is not noticeable at all.  So I say, leave well enough alone. 
I do not need to go back for another year and then it will be just to be sure everything healed as anticipated. 

As I look back over the last year, I am so grateful for modern medicine and a competent and caring doctor.  I was never in more pain from my two bunion surgeries than I was before I went under the knife.  I took all of his instructions to heart and tried to follow them to the letter.  As a result my healing was as I expected.  I love to walk down my lane to get my mail and round up the walk to a mile or two.  And I don't have pain!  A year ago, this was not the case.

I'm so glad I went ahead and did both feet back to back.  Would I do anything different?
Absolutely, I would cut my calorie intact back  while in recovery.  I ate too many carbs and with no exercise I have to figure out how to eliminate those ten extra pounds that settled in quite comfortably.

On to the next task...
And thanks, Dr. Cervetti. It's nice to be just another pretty foot in the crowd.