About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kitchen remodel 101, the continueing saga

What went up, must come down...
For those who check this blog frequently to see our progress on the kitchen remodel, I apologize.  I guess time has been getting away from me.  As many of you may or may not know, the kitchen reno has morphed into living room and bathrooms up-do.  I've been talked into purchasing new furniture for the living room and I decided to purge the wallpaper in both baths and replace with tile.  As with most remodels, progress is slow, things go awry and tempers get short.  Yup, I'm guilty of all of the above.  I am most grateful to the hard work put in by my contractor, my brother, John, my husband Rick and my brother Fritz.  Trela and Kathy have helped me with some of the decision making, taken me shopping and encouraged me.  We are currently waiting for the last of the cupboards to arrive, finish up installing the floor and stripping wallpaper.  The baths - yeah, this week has give an whole new meaning to 'stripping in the bathroom."  When I get a chance, I will post photos and lots of details on what has gone wrong, things that have gone right and why some people just say, 'that poor, poor man,' when referring to our household.   Til then...

No comments: