About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and businesswoman with a passion for life. I try to keep my priorities in life straight - Faith, Family, Friends. I love to try new and challenging things, spend time with friends and family, sew, embroider and laugh. I run a custom apparel decorating business from my home. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren.

Monday, March 5, 2012

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak

I did it again.  I was too intense with my exercising, again!  This is really frustrating.  I am trying to be healthy.  I eat correctly, well, most of the time.  I love fruits and vegetables.

When Rick and I married almost thirty-seven years ago, we became one.  We have stayed commited to that; he eats the meats and desserts, I eat the fruits and vegetables and we both have a balanced diet. 

It's the physical activity that is doing a number on both of us.  Because of my inactivity these last two months, I have gained a few pounds.  Now to some folks, that is not a big deal.  But I am a rather small framed person and a few pounds makes a big difference.  And with another surgery scheduled for the end of this month, a few pounds can turn into way too many in a hurry.  In an effort to work some extra calories off, plus strengthen my muscles, I have been attempting a daily exercise routine.  I do upper body one day, and lower body the next.  So far it hasn't made much of a difference in my health, only that I keep injuring myself.  Drats!  My favorite doctor, Dr. Eric Rottinghaus, advised me to let my back heal before working out again.  Goodness, I am getting weary of being Mrs. Wimpypants.

Rick isn't faring much better.  He has been diligently working on the wind generator to get the expensive lawn ornament to work.  In an effort to use his right arm as a pry bar, he is on the injured list as well.  It's a race to the freezer for the ice packs.  Since spring work is just around the corner for him, I like to let him have first choice.

Yes, the spirit is willing, but these old flesh and bones are just not what they used to be.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: