Friday, February 24, 2012

The Resting Place

Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

For some reason my sleep habits have reverted to BS.(Before Surgery).  I attributed my lack of shut eye during the night was related to the stress I had from work.  I was overworked through no fault of anyone, but myself.  Since my bunion surgery on January 5 of this year, I have been closed to business.  The first weeks were wonderful.  I slept in (until 6 a.m., sometimes even 7:30) most mornings.  The last week the old habit of waking around 2 a.m. has resurfaced. To coherce the sandman to return, I moved to the couch and the television softly lulled me back to sleep.  A week or so of that routine left me feeling exhausted. 

Today I sprawled on the couch for what I thought was a short afternoon nap.  Two hours later the door bell brought me back to the land of the living.  I guess I was really tired. 

I am so grateful for the position I am in life.  I was able to rest when I needed without a guilty feeling.  I let no one down as I refreshed my weary body.  When my body is rested, so is my soul.  And for that I am extremely thankful to God.

No comments: